Ray W. Moody, M.D. Breast Center
707 East Main Street
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. The damaged cells can invade surrounding tissue, but with early detection and treatment, most people continue a normal life.
The National Breast Cancer Foundation offers these facts:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year
The mission of the Orange Regional Medical Center Breast Program is to provide excellent comprehensive and multidisciplinary breast care in a compassionate community setting. Designed with the convenience of patients in mind, the Center provides a comprehensive breast care program including a Breast Cancer Patient Navigator, state-of-the-art diagnostic technology and services and clinicians expert in their field – all centralized in one convenient location. The Ray W. Moody, M.D. Breast Center offers state-of-the-art, non-invasive and minimally invasive diagnostic technology including: Screening and Diagnostic Mammography, 3D Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Ultrasound guided FNA/Vacuum-assisted Biopsy, Stereotactic Vacuum-assisted Breast Biopsy, and Galactograms. The Center is staffed by Board-certified radiologists specializing in Women’s Imaging as well as other specialized technologists and professionals.
Nathaniel Margolis, M.D.
Media Director, Ray W.
Moody, MD Breast Center,
Hannah L. Brooks, M.D., FACS
Director of Breast Surgery, Orange Regional Medical Group Breast Specialist and Surgeon